Silver and Flatware/Silverware set

Hello..thank you for your expertuse regarding silverware.  I have a set by wm rogers and son. Victorian rose set.  I am enclosing a photo of the back of the serving fork.  All the utensils have this.  This has been past down but not sure of date?  Just wondering the approx. Worth?  I have 7 knives,9 soup spoons, 7 teaspoons?, one round sugar spoon?, 5 dinner forks, 8 dessert forks and one butter knife.  Thank you very much!  Anne

The "IS" on the back represents International Silver Company which took over this Rogers brand in 1898. I believe IS introduced Victorian Rose in 1954.

Unfortunately, silver plate flatware does not hold its value very well. An individual selling used pieces could expect about a dollar per piece. Here is an example of a recent sale on eBay: .

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland