Silver and Flatware/Stanley rogers and sons cutlery "KINGS"

Stanley rogers n son
Stanley rogers n son  
My regards sir..
I have a set of stanley rogers and son cutlery complepted with its paperwork,and it was purchased when the company still in  44/46 kingsway london W.C.2.
Its has been in my family for about maybe 50 years.
And never been used for once..
And there is a set of spoon in it that seems like a golden plated (or maybe ..i dont know)..and it has a code on it that says: ROGERS"KINGS" EPNS-A1
SO can you please give me a clue what that code refers to..and in case i want to sell the whole set in the future..can u please give me some reffrences to a good collectors for it?
Best regards sir,thank you.

The code means that the piece is made of silver plate. That means that only a very thin layer of silver is one the surface. Some other metal, such as copper, is below the silver layer.

Normally, silver plate flatware does not hold its value very well. The most common price when sold by an individual in the U.S. is about a dollar per piece. However, I cannot say for certain if that is the case with your set. The Kings pattern might bring a higher value and since your set is unused, a buyer might appreciate it more.

It's difficult to find buyers for silver plate flatware. Most dealers do not want to handle it. So, consider a market like eBay.

I'm sorry I was unable to help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland