Silver and Flatware/Antique Value

Mr.Stringer: Have Good day. (Sunday Nov 1st,2015)

I have a Vintage -silver Large Serving Spoon- Blossom 1909 by Wallace (1835R Wallace PAT FEB 23.09) and Its in very good condition. it's more than 100 years old ( at least, since 1912). How much do you think could be an approx. value of this item at present days?
Thanks you very much for your help and for giving to the people for free your professional Knowledge and advise in this matters.

Pieces in this pattern are made of silver plate. Generally, silver plate flatware does not hold its value very well. However, since this is a serving piece, it has slightly higher value than most. It would be of particular interest to someone who wants to add to an existing set.

Based upon recent sales of this pattern, I estimate that an individual selling this piece might get a price of $10 to $20.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland