Silver and Flatware/J.Sanderson & Son pan

Good time of the day ! I would like to get a little help identifying and pricing something that looks like a frying pan ( may not be exactly it though ).

Writings on it are :  J.Sanderson & Son , trade mark : Argyle Plate , Sheffield , England

I doubt this was a frying pan. The silver coating would not stand up to such use. It does look like some sort of serving dish but I can't say for what.

It appears that some of the silver plating has worn off. Items from this company are not rare generally so my guess regarding value is somewhere in the $50 range. It might have brought more if the plating was intact.

I suggest getting a second opinion.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland