Silver and Flatware/silver bowl

I have bought a silver bowl victor s co THE DUNES ro 138 stamp 65 has a matching ring around top with cut out,s a person i know say,s he thought maybe it was made for the dunes hotel in las vegas that burned down wonderind what you thought

It could very well have been made for the hotel you mentioned. It once was common for hotels, cruise ships, passenger trains, etc. to have their names placed on silver pieces. I imagine your piece is made of silver plate. To confirm this, look for the word, "Sterling", on the bottom. If it's not there, silver plate construction is a good bet.

This might have value to a collector of pieces from the Dunes or hotels like that. Otherwise, it probably has a relatively low value. I don't know the size of your bowl but a "medium size" silver plate bowl often is worth around $10 to $25 dollars when sold by an individual.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland