Silver and Flatware/Silver plate flatware

I have a set of 6 of Holmes & Edwards XIV silver plate fruit spoons.  The pattern is "Rialto", and I understand that they are from 1894.
Can you tell me what they might be worth?

This pattern was introduced in 1894 but it's difficult to tell exactly when your set was made. Also, International Silver Company took over this brand in 1898; however, they continued to use the brand name for a number of years.

Generally, silver plate flatware does not hold its value very well. Most used silver plate flatware being sold by an individual today brings around a dollar per piece if the pieces are in good condition. Your pattern might bring a bit more because there are not many used pieces of this pattern available. The most attractive buyers are people who already have this pattern and are looking to add pieces. My guess is that your set of 6 fruit spoons might bring between $20 and $40.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland