Silver and Flatware/4 Silver Pieces - various

4 Pieces
4 Pieces  

I have a sugar / creamer marked Wm Rogers - a piece that looks to be a crumb collector with no markings other than a family crest / a candlestick with several markings and a date 1773. I would like any information you may have on these pieces, and if you have an approximate value as well.  Thank you!

Hi, Wendy.

I imagine the Wm Rogers pieces are made of silver plate but that's not certain. If I am correct, they probably do not have great value. I also cannot say anything about the crumb collector.

On the other hand, the marks on the candlestick look interesting. I don't know what they mean but since they appear to be hand engraved, they may be significant. I'd take this by a couple of high end antique shops or auction houses to see what they say. If the discussions are promising, than an appraisal by a professional appraiser might be appropriate.

If you live in a major metropolitan area, a local museum might be able to help.

Sorry I could not offer much specific information but I would not want to offer erroneous guesses.

best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland