Silver and Flatware/Simeon L & George H Rogers company solid silver metal knife

Dinner Knife
Dinner Knife  
Mr. Stringer, can you identify the pattern in this picture and tell us about it's age and content?  Thanks Much

It's sometimes difficult to identify a pattern based upon a knife. The design often is slightly different from that on forks and spoons. I can't tell from the picture what this pattern is. Try looking at the pictures here to see if you can tell: .

This Rogers company was known for making silver plate pieces. Therefore, I'm assuming that is what you have. It would have the word, "Sterling", on it somewhere if there were sterling components.

This company was started in the late 19th century and eventually became part of Oneida in the early 20th century.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland