Silver and Flatware/Flatware set

I was hoping you could tell me about about this ball and claw set.  It appears the handle is 800 sterling, but I am not sure the make up of the spreader and knife set.  It appears to have a small crown mark, 800 then 2 crossed axes but it is so small I could be mistaken.  I was wondering what kind of set it is, for example a cheese set?  Also, anything else like does it have value or is it collectable. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

I'm not going to be much help here. I recommend looking at the German marks found on this page: . The "800" and crown are found in many marks there.

It does look like a cheese set but I'm just guessing. You might post your question and picture on the forum at: . A number of experts participate and maybe one can answer your question.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland