Silver and Flatware/Gorham EP Stoplight Jigger

My grandfather worked as a designer at Gorham for many years since the 50's. He has a massive Gorham silver collection and he has worked on many of them. He recently gave me a "Gorham Stoplight Jigger". I have looked on the internet to find information on this piece. I found many but not quite like the one i have. First off, the piece i have is electroplated. I have only seen sterling jiggers. Second, The only thing stamped on the bottom is (line1)-GORHAM, (line2)-E(anchor mark)P, (line3)-YC1192.

The Jiggers i found are all stamped (line1)-GORHAM, (line2)-STERLING, (line3)-354, (line4)-STOPLIGHT JIGGER, (line5)-3, (line6)-2, (line7)-1oz.

My theory is that the electroplated jigger i have is a prototype or sample. My grandfather and i would very much appreciate any information you may know about this item and it's value.

I'm sorry to say I am not familiar with this piece. I also am not familiar with issue regarding sterling vs possible silver plate prototype.

You might try posting on the forum at I'm sure some of the participants there would like to know about this and one may have the answer. They do require pictures.

Sorry I could be of no help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland