Silver and Flatware/Marking

Mystery Mark
Mystery Mark  
Help identifying the makers mark on this knife? Cursive "R" then Sterling.

I don't recognize this mark. The only thing I could find that comes close is from Raimond Silver Mfg. Co. They used the whole name as their mark but it's conceivable they shortened it for knife handles.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland