Silver and Flatware/Rememberance, 1847 Rogers Bros.

my picture of set
my picture of set  
I have a six piece silver plated (I believe)serving set. It includes a coffee pot, tea pot, creamer, sugar bowel with lid and a bowel I think is a hot water pot.  The tray is much larger than any I have seen on line and has handles.  It measures 19 and 1/2 by 16 and 1/2 if measured across the tray, and 23 and 1/2 by 16 and 1/2 if measured across the tray from the outside edges of the handles.  My question is where can I sell the set.  I have no use for it.  And of course, what is the set worth. It has no scratches or dents since it has not been used very much.  I also have the felt bags with the jewelry store name stamped on them where my parents purchased it. Thanks for any info you can provide me.

This brand is now owned by International Silver Co. I believe they introduced this pattern around 1948. Start with this page: .

If you try to sell your set, I would guess that you could get between 20% and 30% of the prices you see on the referenced web page. is a good place to sell it. If you don't want to fool with eBay, you could contact businesses like and to see if they will make an offer. They work well via email. There might be an estate silver shop near you that may make an offer. If antique shows come to your area, take your set to a show where you might find several silver dealers who might make an offer.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland