Silver and Flatware/Silverplate 1950 Rogers & Bro Silverware

Starlight Pattern Image
Starlight Pattern Imag  

Starlight handle
Starlight handle  
Hello, I have the Rogers & Bro Silverplate 1950 silverware in its original chest, complete service for 12. My grandmother rarely used it, if at all. It is stamped on the back with *Rogers & Bro Reinforced Plate I S. Can you tell me if it has any value and, if you can suggest any sites that might be interested in it? Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, most silver plate flatware does not hold its value very well. Often, when sold by an individual, it will bring a dollar or two per piece. Here is an example of a recent sale on eBay of this pattern: .

Selling on eBay is one of the better ways to sell since very few dealers buy silver plate flatware. A couple of dealers that sometimes purchase silver plate are and Both work via email.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland