Silver and Flatware/Sterling spoon

Lion w/ \'K\' in circle
Lion w/ 'K' in circle  

Century? \'79
Century? '79  
Hello again,

I was hoping that you could help me out with the marks I am sending.  I truly appreciate any information.  

Thank you,

This looks like the mark of J.B. & S.M. Knowles Co. Since I'm seeing the back only, I cannot tell what pattern it is. Try checking here: .

The firm made pieces in the second half of the nineteenth century and in 1905, Mauser Mfg. Co. took over production.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland