Silver and Flatware/Value

Serving Spoons
Serving Spoons  

Serving Spoons
Serving Spoons  
I have these 2 Serving Spoons that I am trying to determine their value. The marking on the back says Wallace Sterling. I cannot find the age of these pieces, but I can only say I have have them for over 30 years. They were given to me after my Grandmother had passed away. If there is any information you can give me I would appreciate it.

Thank you

These look like they are in the Grande Baroque pattern. It was introduced by Wallace in 1941.

This is a pattern that sells often on eBay. Grande Baroque is a popular pattern, resulting in sales of many different types of pieces in the pattern. Recently, several serving spoons, 8 3/4 inches long, sold in the range of $85 to $92. That's a reasonable market price range. Here's an example: .

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland