Silver and Flatware/Wwrogers IS jelly spreader?

Butter knife
Butter knife  
Wwrogers IS symbol (eagle before name, star after name) jelly spreader.
My question about this unique jelly spreader or butter knife is more of wanting to know the history of it. I received a lot of really tarnished silverware to shine up and hand stamp on (yes I know),  but when had polished this piece up it had a beautiful surprise for me. It was engraved with "Silver Anniversary Dairymen's Cooperative creamery of Boise Valley 1925-1950". Needless to say I haven't touched this by turning this into one of my jewelry pieces. I've tried researching this knife to try to find out how many of these went out but I haven't found anything any where. I would think at that point of time handing out something like this would had been notable. I did learn a lot about their company it's self in the process. Thank you for any information or leads.

The "IS" represents International Silver Company which took over this Rogers brand in 1898. I believe the pattern might be Devonshire, also known as Mary Lou. See what you think on this page: . It's made of silver plate.

What makes this piece more interesting than anything is the custom engraving. That might make it of value to a collector but I have no idea if collectors of this type of thing exist.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland