Silver and Flatware/1881 rogers silverplate tea set

I am trying to date a tea set I have andidentify the 5 pieces all bear the mark in oval form 1881 on top of the oval and Rogers at the bottom flanked on each side by an R in a wreath sort of thing underneath that it sas quadruple and under that a capital E when was this made? also I have the pot a creamer and a sugar dish and what looks to be an identical sugar dish any info on the second sugar dish will be of graet help. Thank you in advance

Based upon some references I have, this mark was used by Wm. A. Rogers Ltd. beginning in 1910. This company was soon taken over by Oneida and I do not know if Oneida continued to use the mark and, if they did, for how long.

The set is made of silver plate. If you are interested in value, I'd look at recent sales of similar sets on eBay. The value will be based upon design and condition. The amount of silver involved in the plating process is so small that the value is not based on silver content.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland