Silver and Flatware/Meaning of bottom inscription and value today

Bottom of the cup
Bottom of the cup  
We have some pieces of American Soda Fountain Co. Dessert cups, it have FXTRA 4482 in the bottom, we would like to find the meaning of this and to know value today of this cup.
Thank very much for your attention

This falls into an area of collectibles with which I have no expertise. Any value would relate to attractiveness to a collector and I don't participate in that market. I doubt there is much silver, if any, involved.

The number on the bottom probably is a model number. I don't know about "FXTRA".

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland