Silver and Flatware/Silver diamond jubilee 1837-1897 spoon

Silver spoon
Silver spoon  

Siver spoon
Siver spoon  
I had a silver diamond jubilee 1837-1897 spoon given to me. It's  says victoria on the handle, it has a ship and the words camperdown on the spoon part. On the back of the handle it has a beaver on it. Can you tell me the value if I were to sell it. Thanks so much

I don't see any marks that would indicate that the spoon is made of sterling. Therefore, any value would be based up its value to a collector of souvenir spoons. I do not deal in that market but I have seen such spoons sell often in the $10 to $20 range. However, if this is rare AND desirable to collectors, it could be worth more.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland