Silver and Flatware/Mauser tea set

5 piece Mauser tea set
5 piece Mauser tea set  

5 piece Mauser tea set
5 piece Mauser tea set  
I have a family heirloom Mauser five piece tea set, which dates back to the 1890's. Can you give me any idea of its value. Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with this particular set. I assume it's made of sterling (it should lave the word, "Sterling", on the bottom).

Based upon recent sales of similar sets from Mauser on eBay, you set's value may fall between $2500 and $3500. I'd get a second opinion.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland