Silver and Flatware/Quadruple Silver plated Cup

Lil silver cup
Lil silver cup  
Hi there, I bought a cup at a local thrift store years ago and just took it out to look it over recently.It is stamped on the bottom Derby Silver Co. 18ct. And then under that is stamped quadruple plate then under that the number 60.There is a bit of a base and on the inside lip of the base are these series of numbers:202-721-130.
The cup is about 3-4 inches high and has carvings of a scroll, spider, bird, fish and palm tree on it.
I was hoping you could help me with a time period, what the cup was made for etc and is it worth anything.
I appreciate and thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Kindest regards

Derby was founded in 1873. In 1898, it was taken over by International Silver Co. but they continued to use the Derby brand name. I can't tell when this piece was made but it was definitely 1873 or later, probably before 1933 when International consolidated some brands.

I'm guessing that the "60" is a model number for this piece. I don't know what "18ct" means unless it relates to the amount of silver used in the plating process. I really don't know what the nine-digit number means on the lip.

"Quadruple plating" means that extra layers were plated onto the surface. However, the amount of silver used in this process is still extremely small. So, the value is not based upon silver content.

This is a nice little piece and any value will be based upon its design and condition. Based upon other sales of silver plate pieces like this, I'd say the value is around $10.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland