Silver and Flatware/silver set teapot etc.

I have a 4 piece set stamped  6 Derby silver Co 2607...then in scratchy letters 184.  Set has a stamp on the outside of teapot August 15, 1915

Lid says Ahavas Zion Society....Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The "2607" is a model or catalog number for this pattern. Derby Silver was taken over by International Silver in 1898 but the brand was still used after that.

Since the word, "Sterling", is missing, I'm assuming this set is made of silver plate. That's a good assumption because Derby was known for silver plate pieces. Therefore, the set has virtually no value based upon silver content alone. It would have value based upon design, condition, etc.

It might also have value to any collector who is interested in whatever is depicted by the custom monogrammed information. Because a date is involved, it probably commemorates some event.

Leaving out the monogrammed info, the value probably is in the $25 to $100 range for the set.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland