Silver and Flatware/sterling silver flatware

Hello i have a set from C E Woodworth I was wondering if you could tell me anything about it Thank you

I'm familiar with the mark, "E. Woodworth". Is it possible your set has that mark?

If so, the set probably was made in the first half of the 19th century in Springfield, MA, and probably is made of coin silver. I cannot estimate its value but it could have a high historical value.

If the mark is not this, could you send a picture of the front of a fork or teaspoon and a picture of the marks on the back?

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland