Silver and Flatware/antique dishware

antique candy dish
antique candy dish  
I know this is not your area of expertise but surprisingly I can't find anyone here who has information about antique dishes, etc.  I'm looking for some info about a candy dish that belonged to my great grandmother.  Do you know anything about antique dishes/etc?  If not, have you come across any experts that might?  Thanks!

You are correct in assuming I have no expertise with pieces like this.

If you live in a large metro area, try antique dealers who sell this type of thing. Or, watch for an antique show coming to a place near you. At such a show, you might see hundreds of dealers in one place and you might get help from some. Here's an example of a show that comes to Atlanta every month: .

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland