Silver and Flatware/Bruckmann Baby Spoon

Bruckmann Baby Spoon
Bruckmann Baby Spoon  
Cleaning out my Mom's home and found an old baby spoon that is tilted for side feeding.  On the back is stamped Bruckmann and 90  1 1/2.

This spoon is of German manufacture. The "90" indicates that it is made of silver plate (rather than sterling). I do not know what the "1 1/2" represent unless it has something to do with size. My guess is that it was made sometime between 1900 and 1970.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland