Silver and Flatware/Holmes & Edwards inlaid silver plate

We have a  52 piece Holmes & Edwards inlaid silverplate set of silverware that belonged to our grandparents. It is a complete service for 8 with 2 serving spoons and a wood/silver salad serving set. Wondering about value? On the back of the silverware it says sterling. There are flowers (Lillie's) on it.

We have a conflict of terms here. The set should be made of either silver plate or sterling, not both. It's often the case that the box and the set do not match.

Can you send a clear picture of the front of a fork and a picture of the words and symbols on the back of the fork? It'll be worth the trouble because sterling is worth a lot more than silver plate.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland