Silver and Flatware/meatskewers

I have what appears to be an old silverware set some mixed onieda ltd and goerge Hammond is but also in with those are six what look like either meat skewers that look like swords aprox 14 .5 in long the blade has a 800j mark on them the tops are quite a fancy crest deseign I was hoping you may know who the maker may be

I don't recognize your description. The number, "800", often is associated with some European silver, especially in Germany. It means 80% silver content. However, that may not make sense when associated with the specific implements you describe.

Sorry I was unable to help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland