Silver and Flatware/Religious tea spoons

Two teaspoons rear
Two teaspoons rear  

Two teaspoons front
Two teaspoons front  
Dear Mr Stringer,

I have an two old teaspoons on of which has no markings but it is a mystery to me as to why something would be made without markings, can you help please?

Kind regards,

Picture processing by AllExperts is not as good as I would like. I cannot make out all the identifying marks on the backs of the spoons. It does appear that one is sterling and one is silver plate.

One of the marks on the sterling spoon may be an anchor. If so, that could indicate manufacture in Birmingham, England. You might look at the manufacturer marks for Birmingham at this site to see if you can see a match.

Sorry I was not able to offer more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland