Silver and Flatware/Rogers silverware

Soup spoons
Soup spoons  

AA cutlery
AA cutlery  
I have a set and several additional pieces from my aunt. Wm Rogers & sons AA IS
And a set of soup spoons with anchor Rogers anchor XII. Are these solid silver? And are they worth anything? I'm wondering if I should hang onto them for my kids.

The "IS" represents International Silver Co. which took over most of the brands with "Rogers" in the name in 1898.

These are made of silver plate. As a result, they have low values on the resale market. I recommend just using and enjoying them.

If you are interested in determining the patterns, you can compare to pictures here: . Once you know the patterns, you can look at actual recent sales of the patterns on eBay to get an idea of value.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland