Silver and Flatware/Silver spoon

Coronation teaspoon
Coronation teaspoon  

Coronation teaspoon markings
Coronation teaspoon ma  
I have one Coronation teaspoon EIIR - 2 June 1953 - Made in England and not sure of its value, if you could please advise?

Since there are no marks to indicate the spoon is made of sterling, it probably is made of silver plate. Therefore, any value would be based not on silver content but on how much a collector of souvenir spoons would pay. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with such items. I have seen similar pieces sell in the $5 to $15 range but it is highly dependent on how many collectors there are of this item.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland