Silver and Flatware/Silver spoons

silver spoon
silver spoon  

silver spoons
silver spoons  
I found these spoons cleaning out my mother's house. I have no idea of the origin. Was wandering if they were real silver. They are very heavy and are discolored. I did not want to polish them if it would decrease the value. Any information you can give me could be very appreciated.
I am sending pictures. the spoons have writing on the backs. 1847 ROGERSBROS.AL(than an imprinted circle). the other spoon has a picture os an anchor RODGERS(another anchor picture)AA.
Thank Cindy Gyergyo

Both these spoons appear to be made of silver plate. They probably do not have a high value. If you are interested in identifying the patterns, you can find considerable help here: .

Polishing will not diminish their value, in my opinion. I do not recommend chemical dips.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland