Silver and Flatware/Walter Oxley Sheffield

I have a Jewellery box, heart shaped with Australian Flora & Kangaroos around the side.  The bottom 8550 special plate RD (D=underlined).623805.
The lid is hinged and is engraved with 2 flora sprigs and 'JEWELS'.
Googled but could not access any information about it or the company.

I would like to know when it was produced and if it is a collectable and/or some idea of value.

Can you help or direct me to where I can learn about it.

I have received questions about this company in the past and have not been able to find much information about it. All the pieces I have found over the years have been made of silver plate as the words on your piece indicate. None of the pieces I've found have sold for very high prices ($20 or less) so I imagine your piece falls within the same category.

You could post a picture of the item and a picture of the marks on the forum at to see if someone recognizes it.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland