Silver and Flatware/bowl

sterling bowl
sterling bowl  

bowl marks
bowl marks  
Hello, could you help me please to find a price for this bowl? (pictures attached) manufacturer: Bigelow kennard & co, markings: H "star" S.
Sterling 60.
I guess it is sterling silver and not silver plated.
Thank you

I see that this piece (or one exactly like it) sold on eBay recently for $63. To my way of thinking, that is its value, at least at the present time. There are thousands of potential buyers looking for sterling pieces on eBay and they have set the price through their willingness to bid. If I understand the weight correctly, the value of the silver content is just under $50.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland