Silver and Flatware/plated cup

I have a 4 oz. metal cup with a thin, rather ornate handle. On the bottom of the cup is a stamp that includes the profile of a diamond with "H&TMfgCo" cut inside the diamond. On the outside of the diamond lines there were four words with one now illegible. The three remaining words are "plated", "nickel", and "silver". Can you tell me anything about this piece?

Thank you

The closest thing I could find was Holmes & Tuttle Mfg. Co. of Bristol, CT. They were eventually bought out by International Silver Co. after going through several mergers or acquisitions. I could not find a mark with a diamond shape so this may not be the correct company.

As you mentioned in the subject line, the cup appears to be made of silver plate.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland