Silver and Flatware/Reed and borrow creamer?

Hello, recently found this at my grandparents house that we think is my 98 year old poppops mothers from the engraved initials.  I can't find these markings online, any estimate on price? Tia

This Reed and Barton piece is made of silver plate. Therefore, the value of the piece is not based on the amount of silver involved because there is such a small amount. However, it has a unique design and appears to be in good condition. The "285" is a model number but I could not find sales of this model.

This version of the Reed and Barton mark is quite old so I'm guessing this piece was made in the last half of the 19th century. It's hard to say what the value would be to a collector but since the design is unique and elaborate, I'm guessing in the range of $50 to $100. Emphasis is on "guess".

I'd get a second opinion. Also, look at actual sales on eBay of similar pieces.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland