Silver and Flatware/Rogers Bros Serving Tray

Rogers Bros Tray
Rogers Bros Tray  

Rogers Bros Tray
Rogers Bros Tray  
I was given a tray that is beautiful. I just recently found the mark on the back after taking silver polish to it. It says Heritage 1847 Rogers Bros. It has the IS marking and below that is the number 9492. I have tried looking for it to see the value  but I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me with this?

This is called a 24" waiter tray from International Silver (based on the model number). It probably was made after 1950. I could find no sales of this exact tray but based on sales of similar trays, the value when sold by an individual is most likely between $50 and $100. It is made of silver plate; therefore the silver content is not great enough to affect value. The size, pattern and condition determine the value.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland