Silver and Flatware/Rogers sterling vase

Rogers sterling Vase
Rogers sterling Vase  
Going through my mother's things...found this vase (I know, I need to clean it). Bottom stamp says Rogers sterling weighted reinforced 1950. Could you tell me the value? There is a tiny ding on the undersurface of the base, otherwise no dents.

Thank you!

It's hard to determine exactly how much silver is in a piece like this because the cement providing the weight inside the base is quite heavy. Therefore, buyers tend to be conservative when purchasing items like this. I don't know the height of this piece but from what I can tell in the picture and based upon recent sales of similar vases, I'd say the value is between $25 and $35.

You can find many sales on eBay if you'd like to search further.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland