Silver and Flatware/Silver Carafe

I have a 16oz silver carafe made by the International Silver Company engraved with:  Original Brown Derby.

Could you give me a value for the carafe?  I know the Brown Derby has been closed for some years now.

Thank you.

I'm assuming this carafe is made of silver plate. If it was made of sterling, the word, "Sterling", would appear on it somewhere. If I am correct, the value is not based on silver content because there is so little silver involved in the plating process.

It was once common for restaurants and hotels to have their names placed on pieces like this. If there are collectors out there of pieces made by a specific business, there could be some value to a collector. I do not know if there are collectors of items from the Brown Derby.

If there is not a great demand by collectors, the piece probably is worth in the range of $10 to $25, depending upon condition and pattern.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland