Silver and Flatware/silver pieces

found three pieces, one a teapot stamped sl&gh and a stamp with a big R, underneath that is number 950,@ dishes that look like maybe candy dishs with 4 legs beneath the trademark say weridens number 818

These are my best guesses.

The teapot probably is from Simeon L. & George H. Rogers Company. This company was known for its silver plate items and was eventually acquired by Oneida. The "950" probably is a model number or catalog number.

Could the second company be "Meriden"? There was a Meriden Silver Plate Company known obviously for its silver plate pieces. The "818" probably is a model or catalog number.

There is a good possibility all these pieces were made in the late 1800's or early 1900's. Since they appear to be made of silver plate, I doubt they have a high value.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland