Silver and Flatware/Silver Tea Service

I have a silver tea service that was a wedding gift to my mother.  I suspect it is Canadian. It is probably at least 75 years old. The information on the bottom of the coffee pot is as follows:
one square at the top with what looks like some type of bird's head in it. Two squares below with and I in one and an S in the other. Below that is Old English Reproduction EP on copper WMMTS 85.
The lid has a grape and leaf cluster on the top. The same design is around the rim on the pot and also on the base. It has an engraved design on the body. Thank you for any help you can give.

This set is from International Silver Co and is made of silver plate. We know it was made after 1898 because that was when International Silver was formed. Since so little silver is actually involved in the plating process, the value is not determined by the amount of silver.

The value will be determined by the condition along with the uniqueness and desirability of the pattern. To get an idea of what it's worth, if that topic interests you, I suggest looking at actual sales on eBay of similar sets.

It's difficult to determine the specific pattern of sets like this but you can find many pictures of various patterns at if you would like to search.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland