Silver and Flatware/silver ware

I have recently inherited a complete set of silverware. On the handle it says W.M Rogers&son AA. I have tried to research the value of the set ,but there are alot of companpies that went/go by that name. Do you have any suggestions as to what my next step should be? Thank you for your time,

The next step is to determine the pattern. You might try here: . Look under Wm. Rogers in the silver plate section.

Once you know the pattern, search for recent sales of the pattern on eBay. This will give you some idea. I'll warn you ahead of time that the value may not be great. Typically, used silver plate flatware sells for around one dollar per piece.

Best wishes,

P.S. If you cannot find the pattern, send a picture of the front of a fork or teaspoon and I'll try to identify it.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland