Silver and Flatware/spoons

Found several thinks after my Mother passes
1.A very large spoon with independent and a bell and A1+
2.spoon that says 1891 Rogers
3.Tudor Plate one Ida community made spoon
Not sure were they came from just wondering if you knew anything about them

Since the word, "Sterling", is not on any of these pieces, they most probably are made of silver plate. I don't recognize the "bell" mark. Feel free to send a picture of the mark if you like.

There were many different brands with "Rogers" in the name. I believe "1891 Rogers" is now owned by Oneida.

The "Community" brand is owned by Oneida.

I doubt these have great value. Most used silver plate flatware sells for around one dollar per piece.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland