Silver and Flatware/silver spoon

spoon hallmark
spoon hallmark  
what is this worth

This appears to be a spoon made of silver plate by Daniel & Arter in Birmingham, England, probably in the mid-nineteenth century. Here's an example of an actual sale of some spoons from this company: .

Based on this, your spoon probably is worth a small amount, such as a dollar or two.

best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland