Silver and Flatware/Wallace Bros Silver Teapot

QUESTION: I have a Wallace Bros. sterling Silver teapot marked V 561.  I am wondering the approximate value.  It is in excellent condition.

Please answer this is a follow up: Is the word, "Sterling", found on the bottom of the pot?

QUESTION: Sterling is on the bottom

Hello again.

Thanks for the confirmation. I have not been able to find sales of this specific teapot but based upon sales of other Wallace sterling teapots, the value is probably in the range of $300 to $500. It depends upon weight and the pattern in most cases. It's unfortunate that the market price of raw silver affects the value of items like this because you probably do not want to have it melted down. But, the fact is that the current low price of commodity silver does affect value of most all things made of silver.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland