Silver and Flatware/Alvin Sterling

Place Setting Alvin
Place Setting Alvin  

Close up
Close up  
I have Alvin Sterling from my grandma, very old.
I have place settings or 12 and a lot of serving pieces.
I can't find the pattern name online anywhere.
Trying to determine value.
It is old and some tarnish but in very good condition.

I could not find this pattern in Alvin Sterling but I did find it in silver plate from Alvin, "Diana".

Do the forks and spoons have the word, "Sterling", on the back? If not, they probably are made of silver plate.

If I am correct about it being silver plate, the market price when sold by an individual is around one dollar per piece, maybe a bit more for serving pieces.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland