Silver and Flatware/RE: Rogers gold plated stainless

I have a 44 pc set of stainless. I don't think the value will be much but  would like an idea of how old it is.I is in a case with green felt like material inside. Case has sticker that says made in China.
The 8 place setting has the following on back of the handles: Rogers(in cursive) Stainless China (Printed).
I believe the pattern is called Dorchester but I really can't find much info on this pattern.
The extra pieces have the same on them except they say Indonesia instead of China. They consist of 2 large spoons (one with holes and one solid), a butter knife and a sugar spoon (I think).
Thank you, any information will be appreciated. I do not currently have a picture but can get one if needed.

It's difficult to say when this set was made. Most brands with Rogers in the name are owned by International Silver Company. They created a number of patterns that were made in China and Korea, starting around 1960. I do not know if this practice continues today.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland