Silver and Flatware/solid peru silver flatware

I have a few pieces that say "SOLID PERU SILVER". The case knives have a coat of arms on the blade with a banner at the bottom that says SOLID PERU SILVER. These were my Grandmothers.
Can you tell me any thing about these.

Unfortunately, "solid Peru silver" is not a standard marking in the silver industry and can mean just about anything. In fact, your pieces may have no silver content.

You might take these by an old line jeweler or antique store for a review to see if they can tell.  

Sorry I could be of no help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland