Silver and Flatware/Silver prime minister spoons

Have 11 silver tea spoons with prime ministers name and face on them. They start with sir John a MacDonald 1867 and with Pierre Trudeau. Names and dates of office are on them. Am considering selling, however have no idea of price.  Thank you.

I am not an expert in "souvenir" spoons like this. I have observed that the value varies greatly depending upon how many collectors are out there in the marketplace. If the spoons say "Sterling" on the back, they will have a greater value.

My guess is that sterling spoons like this would sell in the range of $15 to $20 each while non-sterling spoons would sell for $5 to $10 each. However, I could be woefully wrong! I recommend checking sites like eBay to see what similar spoons have actually sold for.

Best wishes,

P.S. You might also post your question with a picture at: .

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland