Silver and Flatware/tea set. WM.A.Rodgers 2577

Would like to know for my mother. Regarding polishing it. Also concerned to find out is it silver plated or pure silver. Thnks. for your help.

It is highly likely that this set is made of silver plate. However, to make sure, look for the word, "Sterling", on the bottom. If it's not there, silver plate is the best bet.

Regarding polishing, a mild silver polish should do. If there are dark spots that cannot be polished out, it could be that some of the plating has worn off and the underlying base metal is showing through.

FYI, this brand is now owned by Oneida and you may find your set listed under that name as well.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland