Silver and Flatware/Pattern on Salad Serving Set

Salad Set
Salad Set  

Pattern on Handle
Pattern on Handle  
Hello, I have a Salad Serving Set that is marked 925 Sterling 1000,however, it does not have any other Marks.I have looked on several sites to try to find the Pattern in an attempt to identify the maker. From what i read, prior to 1916 many Makers did not Mark their work? I have attached a photo of the Pattern and hope you can help with the Makers name and the Pattern name. Thank you and best regards. Bill

I do not recognize the pattern. I would say that the vast majority of silversmiths and manufacturers did place some identifying words or symbols on their products, especially if made of sterling. It is unusual to see "Sterling" and "925/1000" on the same piece since the marks are redundant. Sterling is, by definition, at least 92.5% silver.

Consider posting your question on the forum at A number of experts participate and maybe one will recognize your pieces. Also, consider contacting major silver replacement dealers such as Some provide pattern matching service via email.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland